In case you don’t know, I absolutely love subscription boxes. I adore getting packages in the mail and I love surprise gifts… I’m the sort of girl who spends absolutely embarrassing amounts of video game money on randomized gifts bags. Ethereal Bags of Gambit in The Secret World were a serious problem for me way back when I first discovered them. The name alone… So a few years back when I first tried out monthly sub’s I was instantly hooked.
I’ve tried a lot of different ones since then – and ditched a lot of them.
Though I’m always, always, tempted when I hear about a new one. Because I believe in spending my money – beyond necessity – on things that make me happy. So I thought I might share a bit of this frivolous joy with you.
Today I received a box in the mail from the one subscription that has brought me nothing but pure enjoyment and excitement. I look forward to this box every month and have never once been disappointed. And that is Mister’s Ghost’s Highly Enviable Monthly Parcel of Simple Yet Amazing Wonderments from Evil Supply Co.
Evil Supply Co. creates beautiful themed stationary and paper goods, all within a fun and playful theme : Villainy. You can read all about them and their Villainy Policies on their website, but let me assure you, it is all pure joy. At least if you like paper, stickers, notebooks, or merit badges.
Here’s what came in this month’s parcel included – all visible in the photo above – this months theme was Barber Shop & Beauty Parlor :
- a lovely little pink/purple notebook with Strange Beauty Spells across the front, with ghosts looking out of a dark mirror
- two different stickers, several of each – one in a potion bottle shape that says Potion 13 – and the second with a sudsy topped skull that reads soap
- an iron on patch in bright green with spooky black lettering that reads Gloomy & Gorgeous
- a notecard with white text over a grey on black background with skulls and crossed bones : Some kinds words for the hardest working villain in the Netherworld
- a postcard with an adorable beauty shop scene
- an art print with a bottle of Witch Wash – labeled as Cursed Gloomberries in Swamp Water – because obviously. x)
- an adorable little sparkly magnet that says Super Cute & Otherworldly
- and the new issue of the Peyroux Disapatch! which is a fantastic newspaper of Haunted Village Gossip, Netherworld News, Editorials & Stories. It’s a fantastic little grey paper dispatch of the same great art, and full of great fictional ads, exclusives and stories from the wonderful world they’ve created.
Do you do subscription boxes or surprise mail? What’s your favorite?